When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘HKUKHub’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the sites and mobile application (‘app’).
What type of personal information do we hold and collect?
We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Site and app. The most common types of information we collect are things like: usernames, member names, email addresses, other contact details, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries, forum comments and web analytics data. It also includes the following:
Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
Your account login details for our websites and apps, including your user name and chosen password;
Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our services. For example, we try to identify which of our apps you use and when and how you use them. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, and how you interact with them. For example, whether the communication has been opened, if you have clicked on any links within that communication, and the device you used. We do this because we want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services;
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, register as a user, automatically as you navigate through the HKUKHub’s sites or through other people when you use services associated with the HKUKHub’s sites or app.
When you provide personal information to us via the website you’re consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this policy and the user terms. You are likely to provide personal information when you complete membership registration and buy, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services and you may not be able to carry out transactions or access the full range of features available through our website.
When may we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information to people like:
- Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we may use personal information
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc)
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- A purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase
- Other people where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
How can you access your personal information?
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging into your account on HKUKHub website. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information.
Cookies and web analytics
Cookies help HKUKHub (“VS”, “us”, “our” or “we”) to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Cookies do not include your personal information. It is some information to exchange data between our server and your browser to give you the best experience when using HKUKHub website.
Cookies contain the information below:
- your IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the size of the file you look at
- the website which referred you to HKUKHub website.
- the operating system which your computer uses.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. uklistings.org aims to take reasonable steps to allow all users to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data, whether they are located in the EEA or not.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data. Please contact us to assist you
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where uklistings.org relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Should You Want To Opt Out Email Newsletter
If we have your contact information, we may want to keep you posted about our properties, services and specials, through email communication. Should you prefer not to keep up to date with HKUKHub news please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the unsubscribe link in the footer of our email updates.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, please contact us via email at email@example.com.